Why We Started Pangea Trust
Our mission is to win the Nobel peace prize by 2030
Pangea Trust was registered in 2019 and was initiated by Pangea Accelerator as they identified a big need for a non-profit organization that could focus on building the innovation ecosystem and mobilizing resources from the African Diaspora.
Pangea Trust is today an independent organization and collaborates with organizations such as UN-Habitat, GIZ, UK commission, Strathmore and many more.
Our mission at Pangea Trust
- By the end of 2023, Pangea Trust will be active in five countries in Africa and support at least 300 impact startups with capacity building, network, or capital.
- We shall have raised at least 10m USD in funding for startups participating in our programs.
- Our long-term objective is to be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize as we work to create peace and stability through business in unstable regions.
What we offer
- Pangea Trust offers proven and tested accelerator and investor programs to development organizations, NGOs, Corporates and foundations.
- We have domain expertise to conceptualize, design, and execute innovation and technology-driven accelerators and entrepreneurship programs with a focus on Agriculture, ICT, Urbanization challenges, and more.
- Pangea Trust have access and reach specific target audiences, such as young people and innovators; therefore attracting high-quality startup founders
Strong affiliation and association with Pan-African startup and innovation ecosystem
Code of Conduct and values
- Pangea Trust believes in solutions for People. Planet and Profit. We only support startups and SME’s that have a positive impact on society/environment and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Over 50% of the businesses we support have female Co-founders and youth entrepreneurs.
- Pangea Trust has a strict anti-corruption policy.