Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) through its support to Pangea Trust launches a Diaspora fundraising project that seeks to increase deployment of diaspora remittances and networks to provide investment capital to Kenyan MSMEs and startups. The process requires the creation of the conditions necessary for safe and seamless movement of capital and other resources from the diaspora to viable MSMEs and promising start-ups in a formal and structured manner.
ToR Event planner Nordic region
In partnership with SIDA, diaspora influencers and other stakeholders, Pangea plans to use an integrated approach to achieve the project’s key objectives of activating diaspora remittances and networks as a sustainable source of financing and capital for MSMEs and start-ups in Africa generally and specifically in Kenya, Ethiopia and Somalia. In the process of launching our Investment platform Pangea Connect we are looking for an event planner. We believe in perfectly planned and delightfully detailed events. We’re searching for an experienced event planner to help us maintain our reputation for memorable events by managing the production from concept through completion. The ideal candidate is passionate, creative, and detail oriented, and dedicated to providing superb client service at every turn. This role demands an expert in all aspects of event, meeting, and conference planning, including cost containment, venue scouting, equipment logistics, room setup, and a wealth of best practices. S/He will also have excellent leadership skills and the ability to delegate responsibilities to meet quality expectations. The best fit for our company is an event planner who can manage the daily details with big-picture thinking to ensure truly unique experiences.
Event Planner Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with internal staff, clients, vendors, and others to establish needs for events, and serve as liaison to senior level executives, government officials, and industry leaders throughout the planning process
- Research resources, make site visits or plan an ONLINE event, and lead pre-event meetings when necessary to help staff make decisions about event design
- Plan and facilitate logistics for all events, including contract negotiations, guest lists, venue preparation, presentation materials, security, catering, entertainment, transportation, equipment, décor, and marketing materials
- Oversee client experiences from conception through post-event, managing on-site preparations,
production, and event breakdown, ensuring consistent, high-level service throughout all phases
- Maintain and build a comprehensive database of industry contacts, vendors, and venues
Troubleshoot and handle any issues that arise on the event day
Event Planner Requirements:
- Proven success as an event planner or coordinator
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in maintaining and building enriching business relationships
- Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking, time management, and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to handle pressure and make split-second decisions
Scope of work
- Create an event for the launching of Pangea Connect
- Mobilize our network to attend the Event
- Oversees the logistics, technology, and seamless execution of online events
- Schedule virtual events that are exciting for members and attractive to prospects
- Help plan and execute the events: brainstorm ideas, develop event plan, and timeline
- Create digital content to generate interest, excitement, and registrations
- Set up and host technical aspects of Livestream broadcasts/webinars and moderate comments
- Stay up-to-date on company promotions, products, and events
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality and discretion
- Additional administrative projects as needed
- Weekly calls with the lead point of contact to debrief key accomplishment and concerns
We offer you a job in an innovative company that grows!
How do you apply
Send in slides of your understanding of the questions to email@example.com (Cc Nancy@pangeatrust.co) with the subject line “Event Planner”
Application Deadline 4th Feb 2022.
The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.