Background of the Project
Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) through its support to Pangea Trust launches a Diaspora fundraising project that seeks to increase deployment of diaspora remittances and networks to provide investment capital to Kenyan MSMEs and startups. The process requires the creation of the conditions necessary for safe and seamless movement of capital and other resources from the diaspora to viable MSMEs and promising start-ups in a formal and structured manner.
About the Project
In partnership with SIDA, diaspora influencers and other stakeholders, Pangea plans to use an integrated approach to achieve the project’s key objectives of activating diaspora remittances and networks as a sustainable source of financing and capital for MSMEs and start-ups in Africa generally and specifically in Kenya, Ethiopia and Somalia.
The project objectives are:
- To activate diaspora remittances and networks as a sustainable source of financing and capital for start-ups and MSMEs in Kenya to drive job creation and enhance entrepreneurial capacity and opportunities
- The above objective is to be achieved through approaches beyond today’s development collaboration. This will include innovative financing solutions such as diaspora fund, Matching fund, challenge fund, accelerator fund, guarantee fund etc with catalytic effect to support SMEs and Startups to create sustainable jobs.
About the Position
The project is interested in launching a series of crowd-funding campaigns to garner support from diaspora communities, institutions and networks interested in supporting such initiatives. The campaigns will focus on creating visibility and presence within wider Nordic, Europe, USA and UK diaspora communities block integrating influencers campaigns.
This financial support will be channelled as an investment to carefully selected businesses for investment in Africa.
Scope of Work
- Design and develop a crowd-funding campaign strategy and plan to be undertaken by the project
- Identifies avenues for micro-donations and develops the outreach strategy.
- Map out different diaspora communities’ networks in Nordic, Europe, USA and UK diaspora community’s block that the project can target accompanied by possible outreach strategy for onboarding.
- Map out different institution funders in Nordic, Europe, USA and UK diaspora community’s block
- Design outreach strategy and campaigns toward the institution funders
- Map out different influencer categories that might be ideal to activate for influencers campaigns
- The design strategy of onboarding different influencers categories.
- Develop influencers campaigns framework and strategies to be utilized.
- Ensure seamless linkage between the crowdfunding campaign and the communication plan for the project.
- Communicates with potential donors in Nordic, Europe, USA and UK diaspora community’s block
- Develops communications materials for social media.
- Researching and sourcing suitable funding opportunities for institution funders with details on requirements and restrictions, target groups and areas of interest for this crowdfunding campaign.
- Works closely with the Program Team to document and share successes and lessons learned.
- Develops relationships with funding sources and proactively promotes this Pangea diaspora investment program to other partners that might be of interest.
Competencies and qualifications of the consultant
- Self-starter who takes initiative and can solve problems self-sufficiently, but takes direction well
- Experience in crowdfunding online campaigns and donor outreach
- Expertise in crowdfunding strategies and partners onboarding
- Experience design and managing crowdfunding campaigns
- Experience designing and managing influencer marketing campaigns
- Links to international diaspora networks and communities
- Understanding of influencer marketing
- High interest in using visual and creative materials as communication tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – an interest in storytelling
- Strong social media skills; ability to plan and conduct social media campaigns and updates
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, graphic design skills a plus
- High level of independence, creativity and responsibility
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to company mission, vision, principles, and values.
- Crowd-funding campaign strategy and plan to be undertaken by the project
- Identified avenues for micro-donations and develop the outreach strategy.
- Mapped out different institution funders in Nordic, Europe, USA and UK diaspora community’s block
- Outreach strategy and campaigns toward the institution funders
- Mapped out different influencers categories that might be ideal to activate for influencers campaigns
- The strategy of onboarding different influencers categories.
- Influencers campaigns framework and strategies to be utilized
Share your proposed budget for this as a consultant and the number of days required to get the assignment done.
How do you apply
Send in slides of your understanding of the assignment. Profiles of the work done in the past in similar areas to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 20th of March 2021.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
“This document has been financed by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, SIDA. Responsibility for its contents rests with Pangea Trust.”