Islamic Finance Creative UX Design Expert
The Islamic Finance Creative expert will develop User experience persona designs for the Islamic Banking & Finance segment, that is consistent with the activities of relevant entities for the project needs.
About the Project
In partnership with SIDA, diaspora influencers and other stakeholders, Pangea plans to use an integrated approach to achieve the project’s key objectives of activating diaspora remittances and networks as a sustainable source of financing and capital for MSMEs and start-ups in Africa generally and specifically in Kenya, Ethiopia, and Somalia. The expert will work closely with the managing partners to formulate Islamic Finance persona design frameworks relevant to Pangea’s scope of work.
Duties & responsibilities
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with the managing partners to formulate Islamic Finance Frameworks relevant to Pangea`s scope of work.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards to the managing partners.
- Develop UX mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate the personas bios and present the rough drafts to the internal team and key stakeholders.
- Create original graphic designs (e.g., images and sketches of the personas).
- Conduct layout adjustments based on feedback.
- Be responsible for assisting the lead Islamic Finance Expert in the Diaspora mapping team, ensuring full integration of Islamic Finance aspects in the study.
- Assist in developing the strategy and work plan for the Islamic Banking & Finance Department, in consultation with Pangea stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the lead Islamic Finance Expert in building a library in Islamic Finance texts, in both hard copy and soft copy.
- Carry out other related tasks, such as market research as per the directions of the lead Islamic Finance Expert.
- Show agility in execution of tasks related to Islamic Finance tasks.
Competencies and qualifications of the expert
- Professionally Qualified – BSc Computer Science or equivalent degree certification.
- Proven work experience as a UX Designer or similar role.
- Portfolio of design projects.
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g., Wireframe.cc and In Vision).
- Knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Team spirit, strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Fluency in English; strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be self-motivated, target driven, objective oriented and a demonstrated record of results achievement.
- Experience in the start-up ecosystem will be an added advantage.
The project objectives are:
- To activate diaspora remittances and networks as a sustainable source of financing and capital for start-ups and MSMEs in Kenya to drive job creation and enhance entrepreneurial capacity and opportunities.
- The campaigns will focus on creating visibility and presence within the wider Nordic, Europe, USA and UK diaspora communities and block integrating influencers campaigns.
- This financial support will be channeled as an investment to carefully selected businesses for investment in Africa.
How do you apply
Send in your resume accompanied with a design portfolio in relation to the project needs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Islamic Finance Creative UX Design Expert”.
Application Deadline 17th of July 2021.
The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.