About Pangea Trust
Pangea Trust seeks to continue growing its reach and footprint on the continent as the go-to business accelerator and investment platform. We are currently operating in East Africa where we are matching African start-ups with investors, foundations and development agencies to reach a global scale.
We are looking for an experienced fundraising professional to lead on planning, developing and delivering an ambitious, innovative and effective fundraising strategy, in support of Pangeas’ mission
The selected candidate will research and advise on strategy with both current & potential funders and investors which will include corporates, foundations, and philanthropists.H/She will build a strong network of donors, for the different projects Pangea will take up.
The selected candidate will have a strong understanding of the funding ecosystem, on a global scope.H/She will understand motivations within the grant-making and fundraising sectors.
- Research and identify new institutional funding sources across the globe
- Regularly monitor opportunities, while sharing with MD and Director of Business Development to plan strategic approaches to them
- Explore fundraising opportunities for different sectors
- Screen through the opportunities with MD and Director on proposal opportunities the organization can pursue.
- Pro- actively identify prospects, build and maintaining a pipeline to grow donor partnerships
- Actively follow up on prospective leads to donor partners
- Establish partnerships with funding partners and maintain long, fruitful relations with Pangea Trust
- Write effective fundraising applications or bid in response to calls for proposals from different funding organizations
- Review the success and achievements against agreed targets while continuously identifying strengths, weaknesses and areas for improvement
- Maintain a clear, well organized database on all Pangea fundraising information as necessary; both prospects & confirmed funding partners
- Works within a solicitation plan building new and nurturing current relationships through a series of personal visits, meetings, events and follow up stewardship practices
- Tracks and reports progress to the CEO & Country Director
- Evaluates success and progress of accomplishing goals and refines Pangea business tactics as needed
- Co-ordinates with the program managers and team to compile information required in the cultivation/solicitation process as appropriate
- Develops a deep understanding of Pangea Trusts’ mission and goals to effectively seek new opportunities within scope
- Utilizes and maintains administrative systems. These include program databases, contact management and reporting systems.
- Acts as account manager for the funding partners
- At least 2-3 years proven professional experience in social business fundraising
- Should have had international exposure to raising funds for non- profit organizations & start-ups
- Proficient in writing proposals and reports
- Has a large relevant network
- Experience in working dynamic situations and be comfortable in working with a small team of colleagues
- Ability to interact on every level, from CEO to all other employees, for better output
- Ability to work and communicate with corporates, foundations, NGO’s and governmental organizations that support Pangeas’ course
The selected candidate will enjoy;
- Researching opportunities
- Developing engagement strategies
- Building relationships with colleagues across the globe
- Competitive package
- Hybrid of remote & physical working sessions
- Personal growth within the start-up & fundraising ecosystem
**NB: Applicants Must fill this google survey to apply
Application Deadline 10th of May 2021
The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.