We are looking for an expert fundraiser consultant who must have deep industry knowledge in mapping and scouting for institutional investors, foundations, and family offices to invest in innovative high-growth startups in Africa.
In addition to a keen analytical eye and in-depth understanding of startups and investors, landscape-interested emerging markets trends help spot any weaknesses in the business plan before investors do. A successful fundraising consultant will not be afraid to challenge closely-held assumptions or call out weaknesses in the company’s pitch. The ideal candidate will have previous experience advising founders during a fundraiser.
Ideally should be able to:
- Articulate investment strategy and source of competitive advantage.
- Budget and have necessary plans to execute the strategy.
- Sharp in closing deals with persuasive power to provide potential flexibility down the road.
- Scout and compile investor lists in terms of foundations, institutional investors and family offices, separated into buckets based on long-term capital allocation goals.
- Scout and onboard influencers (sports athletes, musicians, and public figures with passion to impact Africa lead high growth startups) with the ability to influence investment decisions
- Prepare for the marketing phase with clear return targets and benchmark metrics.
- Develop an understanding of the existing business (including products/services, customers, competitors, the overall market and trends) through careful research and analysis of all business units
- Understand how major stakeholders are thinking about the company’s direction, generally and in reference to specific initiatives, through interviews with these stakeholders
- Review and refine the company’s sales pitch for the innovative product and pitch deck, providing edits or reworking the materials entirely, as needed
- Work alongside the executive team to define the pitch used in investor meetings; practice the pitch with the executives and help the management team preempt investor questions
- Pressure tests every aspect of the client’s business ahead of fundraising meetings.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, operations, research, statistics, math, economics, or related analytical discipline preferred
- Financial management experience with planning, forecasting, and business analysis
- Prior experience as an advisor to or executive at a funded startup, or experience in supporting fundraising initiatives
- A natural curiosity and a “big picture” mentality
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills; experience partnering with an executive team
- Experience coaching executives on the delivery of investor pitches.
**NB: Applicants Must visit the following page to apply:
Expert Fundraiser Pangea Trust. Application Deadline 30th August 2021. The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About Pangea Trust
Pangea Trust seeks to continue growing its reach and footprint on the continent as the go-to business accelerator and investment platform. We are currently operating in East Africa where we are matching African start-ups with investors, foundations and development agencies to reach a global scale. We have worked with 150+ African startups and are doing several programs in Kenya and other African countries. We are currently working on exciting projects and are in need of growing our team. https://pangeatrust.co/
About the Project
Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) through its support to Pangea Trust launches a Diaspora fundraising project that seeks to increase deployment of diaspora remittances and networks to provide investment capital to MSMEs and startups in Africa.
Pangea Trust is building an innovative product to facilitate unlocking diaspora remittance as investment and channel it to high-growth Startups in Africa.