Background of the Project
Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) through its support to Pangea Trust launches Diaspora fundraising project that seeks to increase deployment of diaspora remittances and networks to provide investment capital to Kenyan MSMEs and startups. The process requires creation of the conditions necessary for safe and seamless movement of capital and other resources from the diaspora to viable MSMEs and promising start-ups in a formal and structured manner.
At Pangea we are building a Board of Expert Advisors on Diaspora fundraising and capacity building for startups. As an expert advisor you have expertise within one of these areas:
- Technology Advisor: We are looking for a expert advisors in topics related our investment platform, security, scalability etc.
- Fundraising Advisor: We are looking for expert advisors in fundraising for our investment platform, Diaspora Investment Fund and Influencer Fund strategy.
- Startup due diligence and selection Advisor: We are looking for an expert advisors in due diligence on startups, investment readiness and startup capacity building
- Communication Advisor: We are looking for expert advisors in communication and media strategy to reach key stakeholders such as the African diaspora community, investors, influencers etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Considered an expert within there field (Technology, fundraising etc.)
- Keen analytical eye and in-depth understanding of startups and investors, landscape interested emerging markets trends to help spot any weaknesses in the business plan before investors do.
- A successful advisor will not be afraid to challenge closely-held assumptions or call out weaknesses in the company’s pitch.
- The candidates should have a strong understanding of industry trends and efficient tools that can be used for this project to drive efficiency in the different activities.
- A natural curiosity and a “big picture” mentality
- The role is based on 8 hours a week between 1 Oct – 31 Dec 2021
- The compensation is $1,500 a month
- Deadline 30th of October.
- The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- The project time is defined to about 3 month (October – December 2021) with opportunity for extension
About Pangea Trust
Pangea Trust seeks to continue growing its reach and footprint on the continent as the go to business accelerator and investment platform. We are currently operating in East Africa where we are matching African start-ups with investors, foundations and development agencies to reach a global scale. We have worked with 150+ African startups and are doing several programs in Kenya and other African countries. We are currently working on exciting projects and are in need of growing our team. https://pangeatrust.co/