Content Producer ToR
Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) through its support to Pangea Trust launches a Diaspora fundraising project that seeks to increase deployment of diaspora remittances and networks to provide investment capital to Kenyan MSMEs and startups. The process requires the creation of the conditions necessary for safe and seamless movement of capital and other resources from the diaspora to viable MSMEs and promising start-ups in a formal and structured manner.
ToR Content Producer
In partnership with SIDA, diaspora influencers and other stakeholders, Pangea plans to use an integrated approach to achieve the project’s key objectives of activating diaspora remittances and networks as a sustainable source of financing and capital for MSMEs and start-ups in Africa generally and specifically in Kenya, Ethiopia and Somalia. Do you see yourself as a storyteller of rank? Who can create engaging and accurate content in text, image or moving media in different channels? We are looking for a fast and secure content producer with a wide range – where you write, take photos, film and edit with ease. At Pangea, you get an exciting and important assignment to produce and package content for many different channels in collaboration with many committed, professional and unpretentious colleagues. Pace, variety and wonderful commitment can describe a working day with us. You are warmly welcome to apply to us!
Content Producer Responsibilities:
- Content creation: Development of social media posts, blogs, press releases, video content and other communications material in line with the communications strategy.
- Communications development: amending and improving existing Pangea Accelerator communications plans and strategies (e.g. the editorial calendar, the communications strategy, the PR and media plan and others).
- Liaising with communications partners: developing key partnerships to further Pangea Trust’s communications goals, including leveraging on existing media players and startup communities.To bring Pangea Trusts brand and company story to life, you will often be out meeting colleagues and our different customer segments to sniff out stories in everyday life.
- Audience Development and content distribution: growing Pangea Trust’s audience & following, particularly on social media and its newsletter and distribute created content accordingly across various social media platforms and media channels.
- You will work on a tactical and operational level with planning and producing content and be part of the working group that works with our internal events such as manager meetings and employee meetings.
- Since communication is most effective when it is integrated and synchronized between the channels, you can usually start from the same material that you process and take out in different ways in different channels and to different target groups.
Content producer Requirements:
- Relevant university education in communication and media or equivalent.
- It is an advantage if you have experience of crowdfunding or investment platforms.
- You are a fast and confident writer who is good at getting things done and has a feel for how text, image and moving material work together to create engaging content.
- You have mastered PhotoShop and simpler movie editing tools.
- As a person, you are a curious team player who does not get stuck in the chair in the office, but who makes sure to be where it happens.
- It is important that you feel comfortable making contact with people and that you are good at building networks. You need to have a feel for how to angle a news story and find a story that arouses interest.
- Good at packaging communication so that it becomes engaging, lively and relevant to the right target group.
We offer you a job in an innovative company that grows!
How do you apply
Answer to these questions:
- Which team were you part of during the Digital Commerce module?
- Explain either in wording or visual on your contribution and role within the team?
Send in slides of your understanding of the questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line
Application Deadline Friday 27th August 2021.
The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.