About Pangea Trust:
Having worked with over 150 African startups, we are an innovation hub based in Kenya that connects talented and impact-driven African startups with competence capital and a networking opportunities. We work on visionary and exciting projects and are currently in need of growing our team.
As part of a small team applicants will be responsible for growing the startups in the Pangea Trust’ programs, helping them scale and nurturing partnerships with key local and global stakeholders. Requiring a team-player with an entrepreneurial spirit, willingness to learn and ability to manage multiple tasks while adapting to shifting priorities. Depending on the skill set, individuals will assist with all communications tasks.
Should be a graduate/graduate student in a media and communications related field with a minimum of 3 years experience.
- Content creation: Development of social media posts, blogs, press
releases, video content and other communications material in line
with the communications strategy. Document learnings from
Pangea programs & showcase startups participating in Pangea
- Communications development: Amend and improve existing
Pangea communications plans and strategies (e.g. the editorial
calendar, the communications strategy, the PR and media plan and
- Liaising with communications partners: Developing key
partnerships to further Pangea’s communications goals, including
leveraging on existing media players and startup communities.
- Driving Awareness: It is up to the Communications team to drive
awareness around Pangea initiatives and secure active
engagement from the startup ecosystem.
- Audience Development and content distribution: Growing
Pangea’s audience & following, particularly on social media,
newsletter & distribute created content accordingly across various
social media platforms and media channels.
- Previous experience of 2-3 years in a communications role is required, with experience within the startup ecosystem being highly desirable
- Proven achievements in driving visibility and audience (both size and engagement) in the previous workplace(s)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritize and schedule workload.
- Natural storyteller, always looking for new opportunities
- Highly focused, organized, driven, and results-oriented
- Strong presentation skills essential, with the ability to create appealing content (both written and graphic)
- Analytical Skills: High need for analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during typical communication’s implementation.
- Ability to build relationships across diverse actors, work independently, build trust and work efficiently with internal and external stakeholders.
How to apply:
Apply by filling this form Communications Associate form