Pangea Trust matches African start-ups with investors, foundations, and development agencies to reach a global scale. We have worked with 150+ African startups and are doing several programs in Kenya and other African countries. We are currently working on exciting projects and are in need of growing our team.
We are looking for individuals interested in exploring opportunities and becoming the next leaders in the African startup ecosystem. Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of experience at the time of application. You’ll be part of a small team responsible for growing the startups in the Pangea Accelerators’ programs, helping them scale and nurturing partnerships with key local and global stakeholders.
Communications Associate Responsibilities
Principle aspects of the role:
- Content creation: The Communications Lead will be tasked with the development of social media posts, blogs, press releases, video content and other communications material in line with the communications strategy. Content shall (among others) document learnings from Pangea Accelerator programs, showcase startups participating in Pangea Accelerator programs, provide insights into the African startup ecosystem and share opportunities with African startups.
- Communications development: The Communications Lead will be tasked with amended and improving existing Pangea Accelerator communications plans and strategies (e.g. the editorial calendar, the communications strategy, the PR and media plan and others)
- Liaising with communications partners: The Communications Lead will be tasked with developing key partnerships to further Pangea Accelerators’ communications goals, including leveraging on existing media players and startup communities.
- Driving Awareness: During calls for applications and other initiatives, it is up to the Communications Lead to drive awareness around Pangea Accelerator initiatives and secure active engagement from the startup ecosystem.
- Audience Development and content distribution: The Communications Lead will be tasked with growing Pangea Accelerator’s audience & following, particularly on social media and its newsletter. Similarly, the Communications Lead will be required to distribute created content accordingly across various social media platforms and media channels.
- Natural storyteller, always looking for new opportunities at the same time being highly focused, organized, driven, and results-oriented.
- Strong presentation skills essential, with the ability to create appealing content (both written and graphic).
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, a connector, with a genuine interest in supporting the success of others.
- Strong customer relationship management.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to use Google Analytics, Yoast SEO, and other communications-support tools.
- Previous experience of 2-3 years in a communications role is required, with experience within the startup ecosystem being highly desirable.
- Proven achievements in driving visibility and audience (both size and engagement) in the previous workplace(s).
- A positive collaborative approach, honesty, personal integrity, and ability to work well within a team are highly valued and integral to the role.
- Self-motivated and self-starter who thrives on high levels of personal responsibility and is able to execute and deliver.
- Good common sense, logical decision-maker.
- Strongly self-motivated and driven to produce results.
- Strives for world-class excellence and service delivery.